There is no such thing as a convenient time for your WiFi signal to become weak or cut out on you. If it was a convenient time, you wouldn’t have noticed, would you?
Technology is said to make modern life so much better for our efficiency in work and our quality of leisure time, but that is definitely not true when your WiFi proves to be unreliable or doesn’t reach all the devices in your house at once.
WiFi boosters such as the Ultra WiFi Pro are frequently used in the hopes of fixing poor signals and expanding the reach of an existing WiFi network, but why do we need them, and do they even work?
- Browse the Internet From Anywhere - Enjoy high-speed internet in every room of your house. (Yes, including your backyard).
- No More Buffering! - Get cozy and watch your favorite Netflix shows at the highest 4k resolution without waiting for it to load. Must have for Netflix users!
- 24/7 Wifi Security - Browse the web with confidence and away from hackers With Ultra Wifi Pro's SafeShield Internet Protection.
- Save Hundreds Of Dollars Every Month - No need to spend your hard-earned money on expensive plan upgrades. Supercharge your Wifi at no extra-cost. Customers reported up to $1,200 a year in savings!
- 30-Day Money Back Guarantee - With the support of thousands of customers, we're inviting you to try Ultra Wifi Pro for 30 days risk-free. If you're not fully satisfied, return it in under 30 days and we'll refund your money. No questions asked.
Modern Day WiFi
A decade or two ago, humans had to grapple with dial-up internet connections with their signature screeching sounds, seizure-inducing flashing lights, and notorious sluggishness as a part of their daily lives.
We were quick in correcting that irritation in our lives, by creating wireless internet. Before too long it was affordable enough for everyone to have in their homes.
Now we can’t be without it, as we rely upon it for the most basic of tasks like paying our bills and shopping for food.
Internet via WiFi is such an ingrained part of our lives, we can no longer do without it, but boy does that mean it creates a heck of a disaster when it isn’t reliable.
We have managed to replace another scourge on the daily activities of the human race with the internet too. In days gone by, the dreaded TV aerial would need adjusting daily, if not more to get a good signal on the television.
Now our entertainment systems are all controlled by the internet and without a solid, consistent connection, our sound systems cannot function and nor can our televisions.
How many times have you cursed the name of Bill Gates when your TV informs you there’s a problem with the connection just when you’re getting to a good bit in your binge-watching session of true crime, serial killer documentaries?
Worse still when you finally get to sit down with a hot cup of coffee and you hear the cries of woe from the kids as they declare that “Disney is broken again”.
As we say, there is no good time for your WiFi connection to fail you, but there are definitely a handful of really inconvenient times for it.
When you work from home, it is always a bad time to experience connection problems and as anyone with pets or a family will attest, sometimes you may need a good connection on the roof or in the basement, so you can just get that last thing finished without interruptions.
There’s No Going Back
With more of our daily lives controlled and enabled by a connection to the internet, more and more people are seeking help to boost their WiFi range and fix connection issues for good.
One way to do that is to use one or more internet boosters around your property. The idea of these items is to send the WiFi signal from the router to a further range so you can find strong bandwidth everywhere in your house.
That’s ideal if you have multiple people needing to use it at the same time in different locations. In order for any WiFi booster, or extender to work, though, it’s important that you have a solid WiFi package with good rates of speed.
Boosters can only send the existing signal further in the same strength as they found it and it will likely still get slightly weaker over the distance. So, if your data speed is awful, a booster may not be the fix you’re hoping for.
They can only boost the signal as far as it already exists. They can’t make it faster unless the bad speed is a weak signal problem.
If you simply need a better connection in multiple locations in your home or property, though, a WiFi booster might just be an answer to your prayer.
Ultra WiFi Pro Review
As more and more people struggle to make their internet do what they need it to, WiFi boosters or extenders are a common purchase. One such WiFi booster on the market is the Ultra WiFi Pro.
We take a look to see if it’s worth the hype and the money as well as looking at the actual results people experienced from this repeater.
By now we know that not all WiFi extenders are created equal, and some aren’t worth the packaging they come in, in terms of practical use, but others are a real Godsend.
Let’s find out if reviewers have found the Ultra WiFi Pro lives up to user expectations and manufacturer claims or not.
What Does It Claim To Do?
On the listing on Amazon.com, the product description makes the following claims:
- The company behind this WiFi repeater claims that with their product you can “browse the internet from anywhere”, and that you can enjoy high-speed internet in every room of your house “including your backyard”.
- While the technical definition of the word “room” may have been lost on them, that is certainly the kind of solution to a problem people want.
- It is also claimed that this product is a “must have for Netflix users”, in this day and age, that is pretty much everybody, so well done to their marketing department for making the demographic for this product everyone in the western world. It is alleged that the ultra Wifi Pro will allow you to watch Netflix without buffering and that it will enable you to watch shows in the highest 4k resolution without having to wait. Again, this is certainly the answer to a lot of people’s prayers if it lives up to the claims.
- The Ultra WiFi Pro is also said to shield your internet activity from hackers with something called SafeShield protection. Safety and privacy online is something a lot of Americans worry about, to be sure, so it’s great if this device makes using the internet safer.
- Here’s where it gets a little weirder. The product description states that you could “save hundreds of dollars every month” since there’s no need to spend extra money on plan upgrades. They go on to say that this product will “supercharge your Wifi at no extra cost.
- Customers reported up to savings of $1,200 a year in savings”. This is quite close to saying that you can earn money by buying this product and yet we have already established that a WiFi repeater can only repeat a signal to go further. It cannot make a weak internet connection stronger, or “supercharge” it in any way.
- If you have a slow internet connection then a repeater will make that slow internet available farther away from the box than it was before. That’s all.
- They also claim to have a “no questions asked” 30-day money-back guarantee. That is a good thing if you aren’t sure about the specific product or whether a WiFi extender will help your individual situation.
If you have checked out the listing on Amazon, though you will have probably noticed that they are no longer available on that page.
However, thanks to Amazon’s customer-centric algorithms, you can see that in the “compare with similar items” part of the page there are several other wifi repeaters that are identical in pretty much every way except for the name and price.
Items such as the WiFi Range Extender and the Wifi Boost look exactly the same as the Ultra WiFi Pro.
Another listing defines their identical product as the WiFi Extender, The Newest Generation and while the features do seem to be similar in that it offers universal internet extension with easy one-button set up, it is more expensive than the others.
The biggest difference between this listing and the others is that this one makes it clear in the product description that the WiFi repeater only extends WiFi coverage and “does not speed up the original router or maintain the same speed as the original router”.
So, now we at least have honesty.
This leads us to believe that the Ultra WiFi Pro is the same exact product as the current listings but with a more somewhat more accurate description to go with a heftier price tag.
We’ve finally established a more realistic view of the capabilities of this product, but do customers like it anymore for their honesty? And do reviewers rate it more highly than previous listings?
Despite the manufacturer’s attempts to sell the same product under different guises to dodge bad online press and negative reviews, the negative comments do seem to keep finding them.
Cleverly, no brand name is given in most of the listings for these identical products, so they have impaired accountability.
Rather than believing that these sneaky floggers have actually gone through pains to improve their product for future users, we highly doubt there is anything new about the so-called “new generation”, other than the date of the listing.
Given the evidence, we suggest buying this product with extreme caution.
The company behind them has made impossible promises in terms of saving money on utility bills and the possibility of increasing the speed of a slow signal with their product.
While the price points keep getting higher through the timeline of listings, it is not clear that the quality of the product significantly improves.
They certainly have a disloyal following of angry customers and if you don’t wish to join their number, we suggest finding a more trusted brand of WiFi extender that makes more realistic claims about their product’s potency.
I have over 15 years of knowledge in the technology field. Studied IT systems administration and now installing security cameras and smart home devices into user’s homes and offices.